I know, it seems like it was just the 90s. But the thing is, 1993 was 16 years ago already. Here is a quick look back at the year we knew and loved, 1993.
- T X-Files
- Family Matters
- Boy Meets World
- Grace Under Fire
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- The Nanny
- Fresh Prince
- Home Improvement
- Full House
- Jurassic Park
- Groundhog Day
- Schindler’s List
- Demolition Man
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- In the Line of Fire
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Cool Runnings
- The Sandlot
- Dazed and Confused
People Born in 1993
- Ryan Walker
- Miranda Cosgrove
- Ariana Grande
- Madison Ford
- Cleo Massey
- Olivia Cooke
The world population in 1993 was 5.54 billion and the US made up 259.9 million of those people.
- Kim Campbell became the first female prime minister of Canada.
- Food and medical supplies were dropped by parachute into Bosnia’s war zone.
- Boris Yellsin retakes the Russian White House from adversaries.
- Cuban pilot Orestes Lorenzo Perez lands on a busy Florida coastal highway after returning from Castro’s Cuba to rescue his wife and two sons.
- Eggs were $.86 for a dozen and bacon cost $1.94/pound.
- Movie tickets only cost $4.14 each.
- Chevy Chase had his own late night talk show in 1993 that only lasted 5 weeks.
- Harley Davidson turned 90 years old in 1993.
- Elvis Presley commemorative stamps went on sale in 1993.
- The top song was Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
- The 1993 VHS release of Aladdin sold 10.6 million copies in its first week.
- Oprah’s interview with Michael Jackson is the most watched interview ever in the history of television.
- Up until 1993, women were banned from wearing pants on the US Senate Floor.
- Also up until that year, the lowest PGA score ever to be played was 63 by Vijay Singh.
- A Superbowl ad cost $850,000 in 1993.
Well, 1993, you were awesome. Compared to 1993, a SuperBowl ad in this year of 2019 will cost between $5.1 and $5.3 million. A to go to a movie for less than $5? What a steal! Come back 1993!